Filters are your best bet or using another server in front and using URL
rewriting.

On 5/9/06, Scott Purcell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

Tomcat 5.5 standalone.

Yesterday I had a thread stating that sometimes users, and google may
refer to my site something like http://mysite.com <http://mysite.com/>
omitting the www portion of the URL.  As I stated yesterday, my site
needs the www.mysite.com <http://www.mysite.com/>  because of a
certificate I am using.

The site was built using the struts framework, so I asked some users on
that list about the problem. And they said that this should be
configurable within the container, or within Tomcat.

So my question to this list, is there a way to have Tomcat accept the
http://mysite.com <http://mysite.com/>  and then call for
http://www.mysite.com <http://www.mysite.com/>  through some type of
configuration setting?

I know someone yesterday mentioned filters, but I could not find any
examples of this type via a heavy google search. I know some simple
solutions would be to use redirects, etc. but doing so will screw up my
indexing via bots. I woiuld like to handle this situation cleanly and
not mess with code to do so?

Thanks,

Scott

--