From: Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: System.setProperty failed during Tomcat5 startup
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:02:07 -0400

1) Don't hijack threads - start a new one
2) Your running tomcat in with the security manager turned on. When the security manager is enabled - methods System.setProperty() and System.exit() are not allowed to be called.

-Tim

lee hwaying wrote:

Tomcat startup fail with below error log when Springframework tried to call System.setProperty.
Can some one help me?
I ran the code succesyfully at windows pc but not on unix server

thanks
hy

(java.util.PropertyPermission webApp.root write)
@40000000445f114f374f04fc at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
@40000000445f114f374f149c at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission
(SecurityManager.java:532)
@40000000445f114f374fa524 at java.lang.System.setProperty
(System.java:698)
@40000000445f114f374facf4 at
org.springframework.web.util.WebUtils.setWebAppRootSystemProperty
(WebUtils.java:104)
@40000000445f114f374fb4c4 at
org.springframework.web.util.Log4jWebConfigurer.initLogging