2013/8/14 Daniel Mikusa wrote:

> In the EL 3.0 Spec, section 1.22.3 "Constructor Reference"  states "A
class name reference, followed by arguments in parenthesis, such as
"Boolean(true)" denotes the invocation of the constructor of the class with
the supplied arguments."

> This leads me to believe that the following test should work:
>
>     @Test
>     public void testImport03() {
>         ELProcessor processor = new ELProcessor();
>         Object result =
>                 processor.getValue("Integer('1000')",
>                         Integer.class);
>         Assert.assertEquals(Integer.valueOf(1000), result);
>     }
>
> Unfortunately, this fails with the following error.
>
> javax.el.ELException: Function ':Integer' not found
>         at org.apache.el.parser.AstFunction.getValue(AstFunction.java:136)
>         at
org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:188)
>         at javax.el.ELProcessor.getValue(ELProcessor.java:45)
>         at
org.apache.el.parser.TestAstIdentifier.testImport03(TestAstIdentifier.java:53)
> …

This is a bug.
Can you create an issue in BZ?

Thanks