I am trying to figure out if I can run my sessionpersistence script that I run
with Apache to see if sessions persist between two tomcat sites on two separate
servers. The load balancer has session persistence enabled but Iam unsure how
to test it. My thought was that I would just add the following php script to
check, but apparently I am doing something wrong. The script is this:

<?php
// DONT FORGET TO CHECK FOR VARNISH RUINING EVERYTHING
ini_set( 'display_errors', 1);
session_start();

echo 'HOSTNAME: ' . gethostname() . '<br />';
echo 'SESSION: ' . session_id() . '<br />';

if (isset($_SESSION['counter'])) {
$_SESSION['counter']++;
} else {
$_SESSION['counter'] = 1;
}

echo '<br />DUMP SESSION:<br />';
echo '<pre>';
print_r($_SESSION);
echo '</pre>';

phpinfo();
?>

but it seems not to like it if I add it from the webapps directory or from
inside a directory under that. Is there some special trick to running php from
inside tomcat ? I have tomcat set up the same on both servers and am fronting
it with Apache if that adds options for me.

Thanks for any ideas,
CaptainVic