Thanks very much for the quick response Niki!

I went down the configurator path too, but then I could not find a way
to pass the cookie values into the ServerEndPoint.onOpen where I need
to use it. I tried passing it via session.getRequestParameterMap() but
that is a Collections.unmodifiableMap(). In my scenario the
session.getHttpSession() is NULL so I can't put it in there. I didn't
like the idea of putting it in ThreadLocal (unless I am guaranteed by
the spec that ServerEndPoint.onOpen is always called on the same
thread that processes the handshake).

That was when I started thinking I must be missing something simple.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd