I have a short question.
Does the monitor exe do anything "magical" when a tomcat service is started
the first time with it, in contrast to starting the already installed
service with the windows service manager?

In fact our application would not start until we start the service from the
monitor exe.
Of course this is something in our app, but there must be some external
parameter, being "fixed" by running the exe first.

Monitor and servicemanagement both would be started "As Administrator", but
with different results.

After the Monitor was run once, the box seems to be in a "working" mode, so
after that, we can uninstall the service and delete the folder and do a
reinstall and everything would work, even without calling tomcat7w.exe.
This also makes debugging for me a bit hard at the moment, as the only
windows server 2012 box I currently have, is in "fixed" mode now.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Markward