I'm curious if there's anything defined in JSR-356 to enable a client to pass
some security claims in the connect that would allow me to perform an auth
check - prior to actually establishing the websocket connection.

In an attempt to avoid a websocket DOS, I'm looking to see whether we can do an
auth check in the ServerEndpoint onOpen (or, possibly at an earlier stage) -
before the actual websocket gets established.  I know we can do this at the
application level in the onMessage, but it'd be good to handle this before
setting up the actual websocket if possible.

Thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

cid:image001.png@01CBE3DE.51A12030]
http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812