On 9/11/2013 1:38 PM, Arun Kumar wrote:
Hi

    We are developing small video hosting application ,we are not writing
any special program for open the video file and send to player , simply we
are using tomcat DefaultServlet for above all  video request , now we have
to benchmark our application for following scenario

       1) video size 100MB (1080i HD)
       2) Total Network bandwidth 10Mbps (IN/OUT)

Now how to calculate how many max thread is allowed for above scenario
,with out interrupting users viewing experience,  here each video response
should secure 400kbps bandwidth for no interruption

    So my question is how many concurrent users can view videos without
interrupt then how to test this scenario ,and how tomcat is handling
bandwidth sharing across the request

Tomcat doesn't do any bandwidth sharing internally; that's up to your OS and network infrastructure. Basically divide your network bandwidth's slowest point (probably the ISP connection) by the 400k you say you need per connection. That is the number of simultaneous connections you should be able to support, assuming your server hardware can handle it (which it probably can).

Regards
Arunkumar