Hi Nicholas,

I'm am a bit of a novice but I did have a very similar problem when I
started using the clustering modules.
My Tomcat output was referring to localhost (10.x.x.x) addresses while my
netstat was reporting LISTEN on network addresses (192.x.x.x:400?).
You have the same disparity. My system operated to expectation after I
registered my machine's network IP address in linux folder /etc/hosts.
Once I did that tomcat clustering logs started reporting membership with
network addresses instead of localhost addresses.