Tiago Braga wrote:
Hi,

I would like be automatic.

1) read this page carefully : http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html
Particularly : "Important", item 6.

2) try to understand the answers which you have already been given.
Do not waste other people's time.

We understand that you would like this to be automatic, but the point is, it isn't automatic and it cannot be, for the reasons given before.

You can automate it yourself, using the scheme that Mladen indicated, but it has to be outside of httpd itself. Create a watchdog program, which detects when the IP changes, and have it trigger a httpd graceful restart. Or, much better, find another infrastructure where the IP address of the Tomcat servers does not change.

Ok, one more try to explain :
The only way to make this "automatic" within mod_jk, would be to have mod_jk do a DNS lookup *at every request* to verify if the IP address of the worker Tomcat has changed. That would cause an enormous performance hit, which would probably make your application (and any other application) unworkable.
(And also, the people running that DNS server would probably complain)

In other words, the infrastructure which you have chosen (or which you are forced to use) does not match well with the configuration that you are trying to use.

You can persist trying to eat soup using a fork, but it is likely to be frustrating in the end.

Thanks.