You were stating that it's ok for GET, and not for PUT.
But what about POST methods ? Are they doing okay ?

Some suggestions :

I wonder whether the HiddenHttpMethodFilter is reached.
You have many filters, and maybe one of them could be causing this ?
To answer this, you might consider extending HiddenHttpMethodFilter and add
logging to it,
and register it to replace HiddenHttpMethodFilter in your web.xml

If POST handlers are doing fine, then another idea is to just forget about
the PUT just to test things out :
- comment out the HiddenHttpMethodFilter and it's mapping in the web.xml
- convert your controller methods from using PUT to POST
- no changes needed in the ui forms,
  since it actually emulates PUT by using POST + hidden _method=PUT when
you use <form:form>
- If after using POST, and it's still 403, then the problem is not with the
PUT,
  it might be something else.