http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/Servlet.html#init(javax.servlet.ServletConfig)
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/Servlet.html#destroy()

On 5/11/06, Asaf Lahav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A web service application I have which is running under tomcat is required to
perform an initialization process right after tomcat has loaded my webservice
application.

How can I get an invocation of some sort that would indicate the application is
up and running?

And also, I would like to get an invocation of some sort that would indicate
that the tomcat is stopping (preferably) before tomcat started the shutdown
sequence.

Thanks in advance,

Asaf Lahav

VP R&D, Prima Grid LTD.