Chirag Dewan wrote:
Hi All,

I am using Embedded Tomcat 6.0.37. I have a servlet which is running over HTTPS
using SSL Connector. I have a Java Keystore with Customer Certificate imported
in it.

I cannot answer your question, but I think that in order to be helped faster, it would be a good idea to paste here your Tomcat SSL <Connector> configuration :

Now,there is a HTTP Client on the customers end which connects with the servlet
over HTTPS(I have very little information about the customers client
configuration)

The problem we are facing is:

For the first request from Client,the SSL handshaking fails. From second
request,handshaking is completed successfully and the requests are processed. I
have observed when Server selects  TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA  as the
cypher suite,only then the Server sends a reset to the client and the
handshaking fails. On second request,with same cypher suite,it works fine.

Can anyone assist me in understanding why it is failing for the first time? And
is there any way I can force the Tomcat not to select this cypher suite? Or any
other way that I can resolve this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Chirag Dewan