On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM, David Bullock <
david.bull...@machaira.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> > I tried searching the javadocs of RemoteEndpoint.Async and associated
> interfaces, but could not find anything describing the threadsafe nature
> (existing or not).  It appears that the spec lets the implementation
> determine how to handle stuff under the covers.  This is fine, but we just
> need to understand what that means to multi-threaded code that wants to
> send messages.

JSR 356 Specification Section 5.1 Threading Consideration discusses the
topic.
In particular;
[WSC-5.1-2] - "the implementation must not invoke an endpoint instance with
more than one thread per peer at a time."
[WSC-5.1-4] - "a websocket endpoint instance is never called by more than
one container thread at a time per peer."

cheers