Hallo All,

I've installed tomcat 7.0.42 and due heavy use my catalina.out and localhost_access-jjj-mm-dd.txt grows quit big.

I've successfully configured logrotate to rotate both files. I've removed the date from the access log.
So Tomcat now writes without rotating into localhost_access.txt

Logrotate now create a new file (localhost_access-dd-mm-dd.txt) and makes localhost_access.txt empty. But tomcat now writes into the new localhost_access-dd-mm-dd.txt instead of the configured file (localhost_access.txt).

What do I have todo so that tomcat continues to write into localhost_access.txt even after rotating?