Tomcat version: 7.0.47

OS: Windows 7 (x64)

JDK: 1.7

I am attempting to start an embedded instance of Tomcat, which is
configured for SSL only, on port 443.  The code I am using is as follows:

       *public* *static* *void* *main*(String[] args)
*throws*UnknownHostException, LifecycleException, ServletException {

              Tomcat tomcat = *new* Tomcat();

              tomcat.setBaseDir("D:\\Temp");

              tomcat.addWebapp("/sslapp", "D:\\");

              Connector connector = *new* Connector();

              connector.setPort(443);

              connector.setScheme("https");

              connector.setSecure(*true*);

              connector.setAttribute("address", "127.0.0.1");

              connector.setAttribute("SSLEnabled", *true*);

              connector.setAttribute("bindOnInit", *true*);

              connector.setAttribute("keystoreFile",
"...\\EngineInstance.keystore");

              connector.setAttribute("keystorePass", "password");

              connector.setAttribute("clientAuth", "false");

              connector.setAttribute("sslProtocol", "TLS");

              connector.setAttribute("keyAlias", "test");

              connector.setAttribute("keyPass", "password");

              tomcat.setConnector(connector);

              tomcat.init();

             tomcat.start();

              tomcat.getServer().await();

       }

When I run the above, I receive the following output:

Nov 01, 2013 10:08:07 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService
startInternal

INFO: Starting service Tomcat

Nov 01, 2013 10:08:07 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine
startInternal

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.47

Nov 01, 2013 10:08:07 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
getDefaultWebXmlFragment

INFO: No global web.xml found

It does not look like the connector I created is actually being started.
 When I try browsing to the above port using Chrome/IE all it does not
connect.

I thought I was following the correct process base don information I
located on Google, however, it would appear I am still doing something
incorrect.

I have confirmed the existence of the private key in the keystore (using
Keystore Explorer), so all that is fine.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew

*Matthew Westwood-Hill **

*