If they are the same tomcat version, just different installation types, you can merge the install directories; I do that routinely to get the scripts from the .zip installations into my service installations.

On 11/6/2013 1:29 PM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
I will as soon as I combine the bin folders.

The service installer does not include the scripts which is what I need from
the first install.

Would you know if there will be any issues with the rest of the folders?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Michaels [mailto:jor...@viviotech.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Bin Folders

  From my experience, no; there should not be an issue with that. Why not just
get rid of the first install if you're not going to use it? Keep your system
clean and less confusing.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 11/06/2013 09:34 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
Tomcat version: 7.0.42
Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
Question:
I have two Tomcat File Directories:
1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
2) Base distribution  location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this
did not include the windows service wrapper)

Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already
configured but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the
files with the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)?  Will there be an
issue to do this?