Thanks Chris.

> When you say "request input buffer", which buffer do you mean? I
> haven't looked at the code in a while, but the FormAuthenticator may
> parse POST multipart/form-data into individual parameters, thus
> draining the input stream in the process. Perhaps you are looking for
> your "missing" data in the wrong place?

I can see the data in request.coyoteRequest.parameters and
request.coyoteRequest.inputBuffer.buf.

But FormAuthenticator#saveRequest() doesn't retrieve any data from those fields
but instead tries to preserve the request body from the request inputstream.
Are you suggesting the inputstream might not be available anymore because it
had already been read to extract the post params into individual parameters in
an earlier stage?