Bill Barker wrote:
"Carlin Rogers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Pretty much all of them have been discussed at length on [EMAIL PROTECTED] and/or BZ. The archives are your friend :).

Is there information on any other areas of the spec that Tomcat has chosen
not to implement or conform to? Granted, the spec is not always clear and
there's room for interpretation, but it would be nice to know in advance
where one might see divergence in containers. Thanks for any info.

As a result of your report it prompted me to suggest that such a resource exist, check out the developers list for my mails on the subject.

Off the top of my head:
1) Extension-mapped welcome-pages -- Tomcat requires a physical resource to be present to use it.
2)  Flush after a forward -- The following doesn't work as expected:
    try {
        rd.forward(request, response);
    } finally {
       doSomeLongAndComplexDbUpdate(request, response);
    }
3) Tomcat catches most cases, but doesn't strictly enforce that the Request/Response passed to an include/forward *must* be either the original Request/Response, or a Request/ResponseWrapper that wraps the orignal Request/Response.

I'm happy to collate all these issues from developers and users alike feel free the email me privately to allow me to draft out some reference documentation for each issue individually.

Darryl