On Nov 25, 2013, at 12:19 PM, "Caldarale, Charles R"
<chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

>> From: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmik...@gopivotal.com]
>> Subject: Another Non-blocking IO Question
>
>> Most of the time it works, but in one case I'm seeing requests hang.
>
> You know the ritual:
>
> 1) Tomcat version?
> 2) JDK version?
> 3) Thread dump?

Doh… Tomcat trunk.  JDK 1.7.0_45.

Took some thread dumps, but I don't think that's going to help here.  There are
no blocking threads or threads waiting on external resources.  The issue is
that the async context is not being closed and, in my example this is not
happening cause "onAllDataRead()" is not being called.  Which back to my
question, can I depend on "onAllDataRead()" being called always or are there
certain cases where it won't get called?

Dan