On 05/12/2013 14:22, Rossen Stoyanchev wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> There is also the programmatic interface to WebSockets so once there is
>> a way to disable the SCI, you can use the programmatic interface to set
>> everything up.
>

> Yes, the very existence of a programmatic interface alternative more or
> less implies there should be a way to disable the SCI and still be able to
> use WebSocket. Is it not possible to use an <absolute-ordering> element in
> web.xml?

That provides a way to exclude JARs from scanning (which should be most
of the problem) but not classes.

> I was under the impression that's the mechanism for applications
> to control which web fragments to include or exclude. My understanding from
> the EG discussions was that SCI was chosen precisely because it is an
> existing mechanism that is understood, so I don't understand the reason why
> a new mechanism is needed to control SCI scanning.

I think there is still a use for being able to disable container
provided SCIs on a per context basis outside of what is available in the
spec. That said, if no-one agrees with me then I have plenty of other
things to be working on.

Mark