On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
> From: Peter [mailto:nex....@gmail.com]
> Subject: tomcat - How to forward request to some webapp while using port
80 without virtual host, without apache

> if I enter *http://client1.host.com <http://client1.host.com>* on browser,
> then tomcat should forward it to webapp client1

> *http://client1.host.com/client1 <http://client1.host.com/client1>*
> same way if I enter *http://client2.host.com <http://client2.host.com> *it
> should forward to to

> *http://client2.host.com/client2 <http://client2.host.com/client2>*

> *I am not interested to use virtual host in tomcat, as well as http
apache*
> whether its possible ???

Many people use a filter to accomplish this;
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/is the most popular.

 - Chuck

I am confused about installation part please help me, installation guide
says its WEB-INF directory which WEB-INF ?? and I didn't find any lib
directory look at the following detail, I am newbie I have lot of need of
you people's help please do the needful.

[root@peter webapps]#pwd
/usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat/*webapps*

[root@peter host-manager]# ls -1
docs
examples
host-manager
manager
ROOT

[root@peter host-manager]# pwd
/usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat/*webapps/host-manager*

[root@peter host-manager]# ls -1
images
index.jsp
manager.xml
META-INF
*WEB-INF*

[root@peter manager]#  pwd
/usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat/*webapps/manager*
[root@peter host-manager]#  ls -1
images
index.jsp
META-INF
status.xsd
*WEB-INF*
xform.xsl

[root@peter ROOT]# pwd
/usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat/*webapps/ROOT*
[root@peter host-manager]# ls -1
asf-logo.png
asf-logo-wide.gif
bg-button.png