On 28/12/2013 21:36, David Law wrote:
> I just tried this in DefaultServlet:
>
> if (contentType.equals("image/svg+xml")
> &&  path.toLowerCase().endsWith(".svgz")) {
>     response.addHeader("Content-Encoding", "gzip");
> }
>
> "Quick & dirty", but Works fine as proof-of-concept.
> We just need a DefaultServlet expert to do the "slow & clean" stuff.

I'd suggest simply using a filter mapped to *.svgz for now.

> I believe a generic solution to be best though, long-term. Something like:

That would be my preference but would require a change from the Servlet
EG. I'm not sure if adding a element to <mime-mapping> or adding a new
<encoding-mapping> element is the best solution. I created
https://java.net/jira/browse/SERVLET_SPEC-86 - feel free to add comments.

Mark