will meet with approval.

All the best,
DaveLaw

On 29/12/2013 11:18, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
On 2013-12-28 David Law wrote:

What type of data do you have on the disk?
Its all standard stuff.  As specified by W3C, compressed SVG's
are just SVG's (which are just XML) compressed with gzip, with
a Mime-Type of "image/svg+xml", and extension ".svgz"
Btw, I've stopped using compressed SVG variant for web recently as
1. stored on local disk couldn't be displayed in some browsers (works in
Chrome, but not in FF or IE) - my files were intended for downloading by users
hence this was a serious limitation.
2. all my web content is transferred to the client gzipped anyway so there is
no gain in the 'content length'.
3. no additional settings was required

Jan