I found this article useful for clustering tomcats.
http://www.ericsson.com/mobilityworld/sub/open/technologies/open_development
_tips/tools/tomcat_web_apache

-----Original Message-----
From: Bharathi Kattamuri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:11 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: help, windows tomcat multiple instances

Hi,

I am trying to connect Apache webserver with multiple instances of tomcat.
I added following line in httpd.conf of apache and apahce is starting
fine and forwarding requests to tomcat.   Some how tomcat multiple
instances are not active.

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
NameVirtualHost 130.88.1.52
<VirtualHost 130.88.1.52>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    DocumentRoot C:\opt\tomcat_instance1\webapps\servlets-examples
    ServerName www.xyz.com:80
    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
    JkMount /servlets-examples/* worker1
</VirtualHost>

I am using windows and starting Tomcat as a service.  how to start
tomcat multiple instances?  Any help is appreciated.

with regards,
Bharathi.