On 02.01.2014 15:42, frenchc44 wrote:
> Thanks Rainer.  To be honest, we don't really know what to expect from a
> larger packet size, but we think it could only help since it would reduce
> round trips between apache/tomcat.  My main objective with this thread is to
> confirm my suspicion that the max_packet_size is not for request post data
> and rather for header.

Confirmed, used for request header and for response packets.

I added it today also for request bodies, but did not yet really test
it. It will be part of version 1.2.38. It would be nice if you could
give it a try:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/tomcat-connectors-1.2.38-dev-1555414-src.tar.gz

That is not a release but just a snapshot tarball, that can be build
just like a release.

Thanks for pushing it until here and possible further tests and feedback.

Regards,

Rainer