Hi Guys,

Any solution for this??

On 03-01-2014 02:31 PM, Sanket Paranjape wrote:
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 7.0.47 on windows 7 with JDK 1.7.

I want to achieve session replications on multiple subdomains. If I have a domain as xyz.example.com and abc.example.com, then I would like to store session cookie on "example.com" and hence then I would be able to access same session on both domains. By default session cookie is set on whole domain, if I access xyz.example.com then session cookie will be set on this domain.

I went through the documentation for Tomcat 7 and found that in <Context> element type I can add attribute like "sessionCookieDomain". I can easily set this attribute to base domain like ".example.com" and this works like charm.

But my requirement is slightly different. I have single tomcat serving multiple domains. They all different base domains as well. So hardcoding would not help me out here.

So I tried following.

In docs I found this link, http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html. It says that className attribute can be set for context. So I wrote my own class MyStandardContext which extends org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext. I overridden public String getSessionCookieDomain() method. I want to return base domain of the URL from this domain so that tomcat will set cookie on this domain. But to my surprise I do not have access to Request URI. If I could get access to this URI somehow then I would be able to extract base domain. It is not possible. is it?

I also tried adding multiple hosts in conf/server.xml under <Engine>. This loads context multiple times, which I do not wish.

My question is there any way I can get access to request URI in MyStandardContext? Or is there any configuration which forces tomcat to set cookie on base domain instead full domain?