Gernot wrote:
2014/1/15 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>

Gernot <gern...@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
Hi,

I did an upgrade from tomcat 7.0.29 to 7.0.50.
In 7.0.50 jasper2 ant task quits with error 'jasper2 doesn't support
the
"validateXml" attribute'

Here's the mentioned code:
   <jasper2 validateXml="false"
            uriroot="${build}"
            webXmlFragment="${build}/WEB-INF/generated_web.xml"
            addWebXmlMappings="true"
            outputDir="${build}/WEB-INF/classes"
            compilerSourceVM="7.0"
            compilerTargetVM="7.0" />

I havn't found any information about this in tomcat's changelog.
Is this a bug? Or a feature?
What's the suggested way to handle this error?

Thanks
It got renamed to validateTld to better describe what it actually does as
part of the XML work in 7.0.48 (which wasn't released until 7.0.50). I see
at least one place in the docs where this wasn't changed. I'll get that
fixed for the next release. If this turns out to be a problem for folks we
can add support for the old name as well.

Mark

In my opinion it's not a good idea to break api in minor version upgrade.
And why isn't there any comment in the changelog?

Please document changes in the changelog!

In the principle, you are probably right.
But regarding the tone, the appropriate answer here would probably be : how much are you willing to pay for this ? In other words, maybe it temporarily slipped your mind that Tomcat is Open Source and Free, and that the people who contribute to it are doing this on a voluntary base ?