Hi,

I'm running embedded tomcat (unfortunately still using the deprecated classes
and not the newer Tomcat class) and I'm trying to configure my connector at
runtime to reject requests.

If I use connector.pause(), any requests just hang until I call
connector.resume().

If I use connector.stop(), the first request gets a 503 service unavailable,
but any subsequent requests just hang for some reason until I start it again.

Is the latter behaviour expected?  And what would be the best way for me to get
the 503 service unavailable (or some error) every time?

Tomcat7, by the way.