Тимур,

On 1/17/14, 10:52 AM, Тимур Кулибаев wrote:
> Hello, Chris ! Thank you for your correspondence with me.
>
> I misleaded you a lot in the following part:
>
> +++For Tomcat 7: lang="ru-RU", content="Oracle UIX",
> +++charset="UTF-8" type="text/css"
>
> Actually, charset="UTF-8" is applied only to link element: <link
> rel="stylesheet" charset="UTF-8" type="text/css">
>
> Servlet source code does not define contentType. Oracle UIX- based
> servlet generates UIX-objects (*.uix)  dynamically at user calls.
> UIX-objects are html-pages in fact and their header has no
> contentType element. It means that Tomcat must itself decide which
> code page is to be assigned to generated UIX-objects. It's the root
> of the trouble. I tried to use the following options to force
> Tomcat works in windows-1251:
>
> $ echo $JAVA_OPTS -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xms256m -Xmx1024m
> -Duser.language=ru -Duser.country=RU -Dfile.encoding=Cp1251
> <--also CP1251, windows-1251, Windows-1251
>
> but no effect. Also, I added filter: <filter>
> <filter-name>AddDefaultCharsetFilter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.apache.catalina.filters.AddDefaultCharsetFilter</filter-class>

<init-param>
> <param-name>encoding</param-name>
> <param-value>system</param-value> </init-param> </filter>
>
> <filter-mapping>
> <filter-name>AddDefaultCharsetFilter</filter-name>
> <url-pattern>*.uix</url-pattern> </filter-mapping>

Did you try setting the encoding to "UTF-8" instead of "system"? If
you use "system", do you get any encoding specifically set in your
Content-Type headers?

Can you dump the headers from a request and post both the complete
request and complete response headers? Also mention which
configuration you are using at the time.

> Developers who created UIX-servlet left our company. I'm not Java
> programmer. Is there any way to force Tomcat 7 implement
> dynamically generated UIX-objects by single-byte contentType ?  Now
> actual contentType is Unicode.

I think you're just going to want to use UTF-8 for the server-browser
communication. Using the single-byte stuff with your database should
be just fine, but don't subject anyone else to that stuff.

The AddDefaultCharsetFilter *should* do the job, but you'll have to
configure it correctly -- plus it's only a default. If some other code
explicitly sets the content-type or character-encoding, then the
Filter will do nothing.

> In your previous letter you put a number of questions, so to make
> my message as short as possible I answer to all your questions in
> attached file. Please see one also.

This list strips attachments. It's no trouble to look through a long post.