On Jan 19, 2014, at 4:34 AM, Vicky B <vickyb2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI All,
>
>  If I want to deploy the webapplication which uses webservice like soap or
> rest do I need a soap engine or rest engine in tomcat ? or including
> libraries in the war file is enough?

You are not required to add anything to Tomcat.  You could simply build your
app with whatever libraries it requires and deploy to Tomcat.  I've done this
with SOAP & REST apps using Spring Web Services & Spring MVC.  Works great.

Do you have a particular framework / set of libraries you're targeting?
Perhaps someone on this list has used them with an app deployed to Tomcat.

Dan