Hi,

I'm getting out of memory exception errors.

Exception in thread "Timer-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
        at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
        at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:572)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:320)
        at org.json.JSONArray.toString(JSONArray.java:834)
        at org.json.JSONObject.valueToString(JSONObject.java:1359)
        at org.json.JSONObject.toString(JSONObject.java:1233)
        at com.xxx.xxx.servlet.WServlet.writeProgramJson(WServlet.java:503)
        at com.xxx.xxx.servlet.WServlet$1.run(WServlet.java:414)

Is there anyway to see currently set jvm heap size details? Any linux
commands.

I have tried creating setenv.sh and putting the new parameters in it. but
echo $JAVA_OPTS was not giving any value. So I have put in .bash_profile
and run it. Then restarted tomcat6.

this is the line I added in .bash_profile.
JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -Xss512k -verbose:gc -Xloggc:heap.log"

Also I checked in heap.log where catelina.out can be found. But its not
created. Then I touched and restarted. But that also didn't work.

What is the right way to do this?

--
Randeep
Mob: +919447831699[kerala]