On Jan 24, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Mark,
>
> On 1/24/14, 10:18 AM, Mark H. Wood wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 09:24:41PM -0500, Howard W. Smith, Jr.
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree. As a tomcat/tomee user, I joined the list, primarily, to
>>> listen in on topics (that interest me), so I learned, very
>>> quickly, that top-posting is not preferred, here.
>>
>> <snip />

My biggest problem is that the Apache projects aren't all consistent. I'm a
contributor to several (including a committer for Logging). Some use only
top-posting and discourage bottom-posting. Others (Tomcat) use only
bottom-posting and discourage top-posting. It's very frustrating and makes
switching between project lists error-prone.

Nick