We have upgraded to Tomcat 7 from Tomcat 6 and we are now facing issues due to
some of the standard company cookies containing an "é".

Tomcat 6 accepted the "é" but upgrading to Tomcat 7  we get an error if the "é"
is any parameter except for the 1st position.  The error received is:

SEVERE: Error processing request
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Control character in cookie value
or attribute.

I have tried playing around with the parameters in the catalana.properties file
but with no success.  Is there a way to remove all checking of cookies ?

Possible solutions are to revert to Tomcat 6, change web server, or encode the
cookies.  We are planning a go-live a week from now so reverting to Tomcat 6
seems to be the solution in the short term.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this,

Kevin CALLINSWOOD