On 03/02/2014 09:34, walter.heesterm...@toyota-europe.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have some weird behaviopur with one of our applications using
> apache-tomcat-6.0.37.
>
> This is the report of the newtork engineer:
> /The application (or app server - apache/coyote) is returning a response
> with "Chunked Transfer-Encoding", but is sending the first chunks before
> giving the http headers (that defines the chunk-encoding).

That strikes me as pretty unlikely given the length of time 6.0.x has
been released and the lack of similar reports.

It may be possible if the application is doing something it shouldn't,
like holding on to a reference to a response object and re-using it
across multiple requests.

> The result is that the client receives a response stating by the
> definition on the chunk lenght (7a5), and as the header
> "Content-Encoding" has not been received, that length definition is
> interpreted as response characters.
>
> Here is a dump of the communication between TARS Reverse Proxy and the
> Back-end. (You may notice the response headers - 200 OK - after the
> first chunk (in blue, starting by "7a5", the length in HEX )/
>

> See attached screenshot tcpstream.jpg.

This list strips most attachments. Just put the plain text of the HTTP
request and response headers in the body of your e-mail.

Mark