Senapati, Naresh (GE Healthcare, consultant) wrote:
Hi,

We have Apache Tomcat 6.0.32 installed for our Trackwise application. It is
accessed by web through a iplanet web server which redirects to the tomcat.
When the webserver was in Solaris the performance was good. We have migrated
the webserver to Linux and the performance has gone down.

We would like to know if there is some compatibility concerns with Tomcat
6.0.32 and iplanet 7.15 which may be causing the degradation in performance.

Summary of information provided :

Server A                                      Server B

Hardware : ??                                 Hardware : ??
OS: Solaris ??                                OS: Linux ??
JVM : ??                                      JVM: ??
Tomcat 6.0.32                                 Tomcat 6.0.32
webserver : iplanet 7.15                      webserver : iplanet 7.15
webserver/tomat connector : ??                webserver/tomat connector : ??
rating : "performance is good"                rating : "performance has gone
down"

So far, the only real information seems to be that the Tomcat code on both servers is the same. So if there is a difference, it is not there.