Apache 2.2 and Tomcat 6 on Linux Ubuntu 10.10

My connector worked fine for several years and then suddenly stopped working! Now I get a "requested URL was not found on this server" error instead. I've tried several things to fix this but no joy. Here is the current content of my two files:

==============================

workers.properties file -->

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/tomcat6
workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13_worker
worker.ajp13_worker.port=8009
worker.ajp13_worker.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_worker.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13_worker.lbfactor=1
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=ajp13_worker

==============================

httpd.conf file -- >

LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile   /etc/libapache2-mod-jk/workers.properties
JkShmFile       /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.shM
JkLogFile       /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel      info

JkMount /big41       ajp13_worker
JkMount /big41/*     ajp13_worker
JkMount /big50       ajp13_worker
JkMount /big50/*     ajp13_worker

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13_worker
JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13_worker

I changed the JkLogLevel to debug, restarted Apache, and read through the long log file. No errors and everything seems to have be setup correctly. However, there was one strange occurrance. It went through the entire setup process twice and gave me two of these log entries:
     [info] init_jk::mod_jk.c (2830): mod_jk/1.2.26 initialized
     [info] init_jk::mod_jk.c (2830): mod_jk/1.2.26 initialized

Now the log file is giving me a bunch of [debug] entries saying things similar to: "missing uri map for domU-12-31-39-04-58-57.compute-1.internal:/big41." Also, I have a bunch of "missing uri map" entries for things present on the server that were never JkMounted.

Like I said, it used to work fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jim Borland