Sorry I forgot to include couple of more stats

Tomcat is running on linux FC4
Client browser is IE 6.0

First line of the dump is
"http-0.0.0.0-80-Processor99" daemon prio=1
tid=0x8b09b4b8 nid=0x46ec runnable
[0x84be7000..0x84be91c0]

Thx

--- Kumar Pandey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>   I'm using Tomcat 5.0.26 that comes with JBoss
> 3.2.5
> with default configurations
>
> A servlet creates pie/bar charts using JFreeChart.
> This is refreshed every 5 seconds via javascript
> refresh in the brower. All this has been workign
> fine
> for most customers.
> Suddenly for a specific customer sessions coming
> from
> a specific newtwork/georaphical location we see that
> the 5 seconds chart refreshes are hanging the
> thread.
> Charts are 20 KB. For a single user in the system
> sometimes these requests are talking up 20 ~30
> threads
> and each stuck for 15~16 minutes before it finally
> clears up.
> We ran ethereal on the tcp packet and see that when
> the threads are hung, browser is sending FIN, ACK
> eventhough server hasn't completed sending the data.
> Thus we see TCP retranmissions of same packets as
> its
> not receiveing any ack from the client.
>
> How do I troubleshoot this issue.
> System is not memory starved and cpu is 98% idle.
>
> Any pointers on trouble shooting this would be
> greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Kumar
>
> Here's the thread dump of one of the hung request.
>
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native

java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)

java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)

org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(InternalOutputBuffer.java:714)

org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:398)

org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(ByteChunk.java:318)

org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer$OutputStreamOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:737)

org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedOutputFilter.doWrite(ChunkedOutputFilter.java:125)

org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:569)

org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:542)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:368)

org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:398)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:318)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:297)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:85)

sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl.writeJPEGStream(Native
> locked

sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl.encode(JPEGImageEncoderImpl.java:472)

sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl.encode(JPEGImageEncoderImpl.java:228)
> locked

sun.awt.image.codec.JPEGImageEncoderImpl.encode(JPEGImageEncoderImpl.java:235)
> locked

org.jfree.chart.encoders.SunJPEGEncoderAdapter.encode(SunJPEGEncoderAdapter.java:139)

org.jfree.chart.encoders.EncoderUtil.writeBufferedImage(EncoderUtil.java:136)

org.jfree.chart.ChartUtilities.writeChartAsJPEG(ChartUtilities.java:442)

org.jfree.chart.ChartUtilities.writeChartAsJPEG(ChartUtilities.java:388)

com.transerainc.rtmcui.util.ChartUtil.drawChartAsJPEG(ChartUtil.java:46)