Christopher Schultz wrote:

Akash,

On 2/18/14, 7:45 PM, Akash Jain wrote:
I have following configuration in my server.xml :

<Connector port="19380" protocol="HTTP/1.1" compression="on" compressableMimeType="text/ html,text/xml,text/plain,application/javascript,application/json,text/javascript,text/json"

connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" /> But still when I am checking for JS/CSS
files in browser, the size returned is not less.

Can anybody guide as to what I am missing here.

How are you checking the "size" returned?

Can you provide full request and response headers of an example request?

Also this ?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Standard_Implementation

compressionMinSize

If compression is set to "on" then this attribute may be used to specify the minimum amount of data before the output is compressed. If not specified, this attribute is defaults to "2048".

.. and the note about using "sendFile", just above ?

There seems to be quite an amount of potential interaction between the various "compression"* and "sendfile"* attributes, also depending on the Connector being used, and whether it is APR or not. Maybe we're in one of those cases here ?