On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Dmitry Batiyevskiy <
dmitry.batiyevs...@ardas.dp.ua> wrote:

> Atmosphere dependencies from pom.xml:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.atmosphere.extensions</groupId>
> <artifactId>atmosphere-gwt20-server</artifactId>
> <version>2.0.2</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.atmosphere</groupId>
> <artifactId>atmosphere-runtime</artifactId>
> <version>2.0.5</version>
> </dependency>

Looks good, but have you tried latest version (Atmosphere 2.1.0 runtime) ?
I don't know the appropriate 'gwt' version to use with Atmosphere 2.1.0
runtime. I think you can search the atmosphere wiki or mail list, or post a
mail there.

I know that Atmosphere 2.0.3 had specific changes/fixes that were in-line
with Tomcat 7.0.42, which supports your report that 7.0.42 is working (as
expected).

> Dependencies are in war file

okay.

> Atmosphere config from web.xml:
>
> <servlet>
> <description>AtmosphereServlet</description>
> <servlet-name>AtmosphereServlet</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet</servlet-class>
> <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> <async-supported>true</async-supported>
> <init-param>

okay, good, i was looking for the async-supported to be set, since you're
using servlet 3.0.

> <param-name>org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereInterceptor</param-name>
>
> <param-value>com.mycompany.communicationengine.interceptor.SecurityContextInterceptor</param-value>
>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>org.atmosphere.cpr.packages</param-name>
> <param-value>com.mycompany.atm</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>org.atmosphere.useNative</param-name>
> <param-value>true</param-value>
> </init-param>

<snip>

> <init-param>
>
> <param-name>org.atmosphere.cpr.broadcaster.maxProcessingThreads</param-name>
> <param-value>30</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
>
> <param-name>org.atmosphere.cpr.broadcaster.maxAsyncWriteThreads</param-name>
> <param-value>30</param-value>
> </init-param>
> </servlet>

</snip>

Jeanfrancois advised me to accept the default config/settings (for
maxProcessingThreads and maxAsyncWriteThreads) instead of specifying low
values like you have (30). what happens when you comment out these
(atmosphere config) lines from your web.xml when using tomcat 7.0.50?

maybe someone here on tomcat list can advise why your max threads settings
is working with tomcat 7.0.42, but not with tomcat 7.0.50.

> This is top of web.xml:
>
> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee