> On 3/5/2014 10:08 PM, N, Ravikiran wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
> From the documentation at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Supported_Manager_Commands:
>
> All commands that the Manager application knows how to process are specified
> in a single request URI like this:
>
> http://{host}:{port}/manager/{command}?{parameters}

+1

> You're trying to use Tomcat 7 commands on a Tomcat 6 instance.

He is trying to use GUI commands.

If it is an up-to-date Tomcat 6, then those commands are protected
against CSRF exploit and thus cannot be called programmatically.

If it is an awfully old Tomcat 6 (like it seems they are using), then
there are no such roles as "manager-gui" and "manager-script", but it
is not protected against CSRF exploits either.

6.0.24 is rather old, but it might have been heavily patched by
maintainer, so I do not really know what it is.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Linux_Unix#Q5

> I just tried the following on Tomcat 6.0.37 (I know, I'll upgrade in a bit,
> this is on my local development machine):
>
> wget --user=username --password=password \
>      http://localhost:8080/manager/stop?path=/examples
>
> This worked as expected for both users with a manager-gui role and a
> manager-script role.
>
> . . . . just my two cents
> /mde/

Best regards,