On 5/18/06, Zohar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When an exception in thrown in JSP1 it is indeed redirected to JSP2. in JSP2 I've put
"System.out.println(exception.getMessage());" and sure enough the exception's message is
printed. But what I get as a response to the browser is "HTTP 500".

Sounds correct to me -- that's the error code. Are you saying that
your JSP2 error page doesn't generate any visible output?

Is it possible you're using MS IE and your page's output falls below
the "show friendly (sic) messages" threshold?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]