Christopher Schultz wrote:

Makilaj,

On 3/14/14, 8:32 AM, Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
On 14.03.2014 13:25, André Warnier wrote:

Not a direct answer to your question, but this subject comes up
so often that maybe a generic explanation may help.
[...]
So any attempt at that point by the webapp (filters, servlet, whatever) to modify the status or the headers will be met by a
refusal : "can't do that, the response is already committed".
+100

Wow, great explanation!

Agreed.

André, would you care to turn that into an entry on the Tomcat Wiki
FAQ page? The concept of a "committed" response is certainly one that
could use some clarification for those who don't understand it.

I would happily do so, except that I am just at the point of leaving for a week where I'll have little time for that kind of thing. Let's do this : I donate the response and all concommittant rights to the Apache Foundation, and will happily let someone else create the FAQ article and do some cut-and-paste in my stead.