On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Christopher Schultz <
ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Randeep,
>
> On 3/18/14, 9:46 AM, Randeep wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Christopher Schultz <
> > ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> >
> > John,

> > It's also a big "safer" in that obscure problems rarely bring-down
> > the JVM, whereas a bug in tcnative/apr/openssl can kill the entire
> > JVM without warning.
> >
> > Using APR really only makes sense if you are using Tomcat directly
> > as a web server that uses SSL, since there is a measurable
> > difference between OpenSSL's performance and JSSE's performance.
> >
> > -chris
> >

> >> Thank you Chris, In that case, I'm not going to use it. I was
> >> using httpd as front end  to server ssl certificates. Now load
> >> balancer is handling it.
>
> Stick with the NIO connector. If you are using AJP to connect httpd to
> Tomcat, you will probably be better off with the BIO connector,
> actually. It's simpler and basically bug-free given its maturity.
> Since there is a 1:1 map between Tomcat and httpd connections, there's
> no really good reason to switch to another connector IMO.
>
> - -chris

Chris,
I'm not sure about what kind of connector I'm using. This ismy
configuration.

httpd-2.2.3-65.el5.centos + tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src +
tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src

[root@server tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src]# cat
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_jk.conf
JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf.d/workers.properties
JkLogFile /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /* worker1
JkShmFile  /etc/httpd/logs/jk-runtime-status

[root@server tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src]# cat
/etc/httpd/conf.d/workers.properties
workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.37/
workers.java_home=/usr/java/default
ps=/
worker.list=worker1
worker.default.port=8009
worker.default.host=localhost
worker.default.type=ajp13

Is there anyway to check which type is this NIO or BIO?

Randeep
Mob: +919447831699[kerala]
Mob: +919880050349[B'lore]
I blog here: