Thanks Konstantin.
My version of TOMCAT is 7.0.41
you said with this configuration i will not be able to access
ROOT/index.html or any of the images, css or js files.
What can i do to overcome this if i still want to go ahead configuring the
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml. Can i add them in entryPoints. ?
I want to do it in this file because i dont want my 50 + webapps to modify
there respective web.xml file. Rather we can configure them at 1 common
place.

-Thanks
Utkarsh

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com