On Mar 27, 2014, at 2:10 PM, wangke <keow...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Why Tomcat crashes
> > From: dmik...@gopivotal.com
> > Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:24:38 -0400
> > To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> >
> > On Mar 27, 2014, at 2:18 AM, wangke <keow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi All:
> > > Recently I've encountered a very strange problem, I managed to crash
> > > tomcat entirely
> >
> > We need more specifics here. What exactly happens when it crashes? Has the
> > process exited? Do you see a JVM crash dump file? Is the process still
> > running, but your app is not responding (or responding with 404’s)? or
> > something else?
>
> First of all, I can no longer connect to the root directory for tomcat home
> page and secondly, I do have a JVM crash dump file.

Since the JVM is crashing, it’s unlikely to be a Tomcat issue.  Probably
something with the native code.  If you can include the dump file output here,
perhaps someone can give you some clues as to why it’s crashing.

Dan

PS.  the list doesn’t do well with attachments, it often strips them off.  If
you just copy and paste stuff inline you should be safe.