Thanks, that's precisely what I did, i.e., recompiled mod_jk (with VC++ 2005).
It's working now.

Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Philip Warne" wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>I have a working configuration of Apache & Tomcat using Apache 2.0.55 with
>mod_jk.so version 1.2.15. I have installed Apache version 2.2.2 and have
>kept my existing mod_jk configuration, i.e., I have copied mod_jk.so to the
>modules directory of the new installed Apache and have modified the
>httpd.conf to include another .conf file that has the mod_jk load, etc.

You really shouldn't have expected this to work. It is recommended to use
mod_proxy_ajp with Apache 2.2.x, but at the very least, you'll need to
recompile mod_jk against your Apache 2.2.x install to have any hope of
getting it working. The simple reason is that Apache 2.0.x and Apache 2.2.x
make no claims to be binary compatible. The good news is that at least the
compile should work, since Gump regularly builds mod_jk against Apache
2.3-dev.