Christopher Schultz wrote:

André,

On 4/3/14, 3:34 PM, André Warnier wrote:
Alten, Jessica-Aileen wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: André Warnier
[mailto:a...@ice-sa.com] Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. April 2014
15:36 An: Tomcat Users List Betreff: Re: AW:
tomcat-connectors-1.2.39-windows-x86_64-iis does not work

Alten, Jessica-Aileen wrote:
A bit guessing here :

You have :
worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
and

jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (735): connect to
0.0.0.0:8009
failed
(errno=49)
is "localhost" == 0.0.0.0  ?

From the point of view of mod_jk/isapi, should it not be
"127.0.0.1" ?
Your answer points to the right direction. 0.0.0.0 means: any
configured IPv4-Address on this computer, see

http://serverfault.com/questions/78048/whats-the-difference-between-
ip
-addre ss-0-0-0-0-and-127-0-0-1

In principle this is ok at first. The Ajp13 Connector was
configured in server.xml to listen at any IPv4 address on
port 8009 - which is the default setting. But the connector
can't find any suitable
address.
The problem is: The new Tomcat-Connector can't parse "worker.ajp13w.host=localhost", instead localhost must be
replaced with "127.0.0.1", this works!

In my eyes this is a big fat bug, because most documentation
on workers use "localhost". localhost is actually the default
for the "host" connection directive.

The new worker directive "prefer_ipv6" doesn't change this
behavior.

Hi.

Can you please really check this ?

Open a command window on that server, and do "ping localhost". It should tell you what it understands by "localhost". Copy and
paste the result here :
ping localhost

Ping wird ausgeführt für xyz.uv.local [127.0.0.1] mit 32 Bytes
Daten: Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort
von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort von 127.0.0.1:
Bytes=32 Zeit<1ms TTL=128 Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32
Zeit<1ms TTL=128

Ping-Statistik für 127.0.0.1: Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen =
4, Verloren = 0 (0% Verlust), Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Mittelwert = 0ms

That /is/ bizarre. As far as I know, to resolve hostnames in its configuration, mod_jk/isapi is using the OS's resolver library, the
same as the one "ping" should be using. On the other hand, you say
that if you have

worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
it doesn't work (mod_jk cannot connect to tomcat), but when you
change this to

worker.ajp13w.host=127.0.0.1
then it works fine.

Ok, another check in a command window (and I assume that you open
this command window *on the server itself* where mod_jk and Tomcat
are running, right ?)

test :

1) telnet localhost 8009

2) telnet 127.0.0.1 8009

Any difference between these 2 cases ?

If not, then indeed it looks like a mod_jk/isapi_redirect 1.2.39
problem.

In any case, you cannot "connect to" 0.0.0.0, as this log line
would suggest :

jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (735): connect to
0.0.0.0:8009
failed

Could this be an interaction between IPv4 and IPv6? Try:

C:> nslookup localhost

You might get only 127.0.0.1 or you might also get :: (or something
equivalent). I'm not sure why it wasn't happening with earlier
versions of mod_jk (which?).

(versions : her first post mentioned the versions she was comparing)

I previously asked Jessica-Aileen to do a "ping localhost" on the machine, see results above. It definitiely pings 127.0.0.1 ..
(assuming it was done on the same machine)

And I don't think that nslookup uses the local resolver.
When I'm doing that on my Windows laptop, for "localhost" it responds "not found" (in many more German words)

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aw>nslookup localhost
Server:  fire-see.localdomain
Address:  192.168.245.253

*** localhost wurde von fire-see.localdomain nicht gefunden: Non-existent domain

On the other hand, it does this (spot the difference..):

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\aw>nslookup localhost.
Server:  fire-see.localdomain
Address:  192.168.245.253

Name:    localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

(But that of course could be the "localhost" of my DNS server, since it happens to be a Linux box running dnsmasq, and it has that name in it's own hosts file.)

Mmmm.
If only by curiosity, maybe Jessica-Aileen could try

worker.ajp13w.host=localhost.

(ending in dot)