Just to clarify what Chris is saying, ASF provides statically-linked binaries
for Windows in zip files with the string "win32" in the name.  The zip file
actually contains versions for both x86 and x64 versions of Windows.
And yes, some of us don't have the expertise and/or tools to build the library
ourselves under Windows.
Jeff