From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Ant deploy task and cluster-wide (farm) deployment

but you don't need to use samba, Tomcat will transfer the file for you.
all you need to do is to copy it to the "watch" directory on the master (watch enabled). Then tomcat will copy it to the other tomcat's. without using samba, and without corrupting the file

Filip

Tim Lucia wrote:
Push or pull, when it gets there, it gets there correctly (md5sum-s
match).
The problem, I think, is that the file appears in the file system before
it
is received in its entirety.  I don't know why -- maybe the nature of
samba
is to write, close, open-for-append, ... ?  If I copy FROM Linux ("pull")
then I do not have this problem, it's only when pushing to the linux file
system mounted via samba from Windows.  I've tried this numerous times,
because I have a strong desire to automate the build and deploy process as
much as possible -- saves me from having to do it myself ;-)  I haven't
100%
isolated the exact circumstances.
Even if the push model worked (i.e., ant copy tasks) how can I know for
certain when the old is undeployed and when the new is deployed?  And
speaking of that, should I simply be able to overwrite and have it
redeploy?
I've not seen that work -- sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, and
because it is a push, it suffers from the sample problem as above.

For the record, the source is a Windows XP and/or W2K3 NTFS and the target
is RHEL V.4.  Tomcat 5.5.12, JDK 1.5_05.

Tim